svg cuts banner

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A Christmas Wish.. Come True

Hey Y'all,
This is a story of a wish I had to have a pick up truck. I have shared it many times. I drove poor Mary Bonk Crazy.. but oh how I wanted to make a paper one.. and of course it took her a little time but oh y 'all… my heart to yours Mary, I love you. Thank you.

You will need to purchase Fall Weekend SVG Kit
I started with cutting the truck using Bazzill Ruby Slippers. I knew I wanted this to look like an old pick up truck so instead of using so much chrome paper I made the bumpers wood. I added lines to the wood with my scoring board, then inked it with Tim Holtz Distress ink Gathered Twigs. The truck was given the "old dirty look" with the same ink. I saved the center cut outs from the side elements for the hood and added them to the top of the truck. I used sliver liquid pears for the key hole pump.
I cut the greenery for the sides top and back of the truck using Clara's Christmas Strips SVG Collection. You will need to size it down. I cut the bow using a darker Red another Bazzill favorite Blush Red Dark. I drew lines for the bow with a dark Red pen then inked the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress ink. Cut the top bow using Bazzill Ruby Slippers and ink the same.
The wreath for the front of the truck was made using More Christmas Box Cards SVG Kit. Use the Wreath from the door Christmas Card. I made the Christmas balls with red glitter Stickles. The bow was cut from a Memory Box Precious Snowflakes Die. The snowflakes for the hood and wheels were cut using Maryanne Snowflake Die from Simon Says Stamp cut from Craft Cardstock from Simon says stamp as well.  Those were glued to the inside of the wheel well and then a Marquee Love by Heidi Swapp for the hubcap. Snow was added to the whole truck using Deco Art Snow Writer, add glitter while it is still wet. Two of the packages in the back are made using the One-Piece Boxes SVG Kit . One is made using the  Twist Top Star Box. This is the one I asked if anyone recognized in the sizzix group. I do want to make a bunch for a girl friend but I also wanted to use it for this design. I had to remove all but the top hole on the star to make it cut well. The White walls are Vanilla American Craft Card Stock. 
The Tree in the back is from an old file I acquired I believe on SVG cuts fan page. I believe the maker was 3d pine tree from wildwood paper craft imaginarrium.  It was made using the dress form bottom form Dress Shop SVG Kit. I made the dress form bottom with minimal stand pieces and glued the branches one at a time onto the stand. I added the Snow Writer to the branches and then added Antique glitter from Art Glitter. The Snowflake on the top of the tree is two snowflakes glued together and are from the snow globe card  Christmas Box Cards SVG Kit  .
Christmas Blessings Die was acquired from Amazon. I have tired to find the exact listing for it but to no avail. I believe I purchased it a few years ago and it may not be available from the same maker. 
On the tail gate I made holes and added brads then tied Stampin up Linen Thread to it to "hold" the tail gate up. On the inside of the truck bed is wood rails. I made those using three rectangular strips cut from Bazzill Mocha Divine each a tad smaller to add depth. Ink them as well with gathered twigs distress ink.  That is my Christmas Truck and I hope you like it. I am very pleased with it and feel it will look amazing in my decore when I set up for Christmas. I want to take the time to personally thank you Mary for all your work and all your "thinking" . It really takes time to come up with this and it is a lot of try and retry till you get it perfect. Mary you do a wonderful job. You made a lot of people very happy from Katie Smiley and I, Thank you. We adore you. 
Blessings, Sharalyn

Happy Crafting Y'all. 


2 comments:

  1. This is simply amazing!Love all the crazy details you added-right down to the snowflake hubcaps! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really love the way this turned out too. ;)

    ReplyDelete