svg cuts banner

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring....


 Hi everyone!
Here in the High Desert Spring is really starting to show. Our Joshua Trees are starting to bloom and soon all the desert will be covered in beautiful yellow and purple wild flowers.  Of course the cactus will begin to bloom with it's vivid colors, along with all of us around here who suffer from allergies.
I had wanted to bring some of that easy carefree feel to my Mother In Law who is just to sweet for words! So I made this Lantern from Crisp Days of fall Kit from SVG cuts and turned it into a spring lantern will butterflies from the Breezy Meadow butterflies set.
 I used the shapes menu from the  Sure Cuts  a Lot program and got swirls from there then just played with them moving them around till I found a combo I liked.   Leo has great instructions on the blog about how to weld in the plain lantern.
 I had some difficulty with the butterflies cutting, as the Cricut just doesn't seem able to do very much intricate work. which really frustrated me but that is a whole other story. I glittered the butterflies I made with Art Glitter that is ultra fine.The color is crystal, a very versatile glitter and almost always looks great on whatever you put it on.I cut the bottom of the butterfly out of vellum I colored with ink. I use card stock vellum from Stampin up it cuts great and I just love it. Now if your lucky  to have a sizzix eclips you can color it with your machine or so I hear... anyway check it out on the Facebook page for SVG cuts.. Have a great day and Happy Craftin'. I am off to learn all about Key's Ranch today here in Joshua Tree National Park.. and to have a lovely picnic with my Honey! Blessings to you all, Sharalyn

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Crisp Days of Fall SVG Kit
Breezy Meadow Butterflies SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock, White, Pool
Card Stock Vellum, Stampin Up
Pearls
Art Glitter, Crystal Ultra Fine Translucent Glitter
Jewelry Wire, Walmart
Flower Centers, Michaels
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

1 comment:

  1. I love how your lantern turn out in spite of not have an eClips. Hope you win it over at svgcuts. Sounds like your going to have a fun day with your Honey and picnic and all. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete