svg cuts banner

Friday, December 5, 2014

Always a Lady, Mrs Frosty!

Hey Y'all,
I was changing out my fall stuff in my room for my Christmas stuff and cleaning up. After I was done I posted a couple of photos of my shelves and Linda Palaia asked where this file came from, of course it was my crazy brain. So here is Mrs. Frosty who is always a lady with her proper hat before going outside. This is for you Linda and thank you for asking..

Using the pumpkin with the lid from  Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit, cut two lids one to glue as a stand for the bottom of the pumpkin and one to use as the base for the hat. Glue the pumpkin together and emboss the accent pieces with Tim Holtz Snow Flurries emboss Folder. The lace around the bottom of the hat and collar are from Doilies SVG Collection. To make the hat use doilies #1 and cut it at about 5.50. I am saying "about" because I made this 3 yrs ago and do not have the original file anymore. The hat base was from December Gifts SVG Kit, and is the hat for the snowman container. I think it was cut at the size it imports. The hat band and the decoration behind the flower are from Winter Bliss SVG Collection, as well as the icicles hanging from her nose. The nose was a circle with a pie shape cut out but I would use the nose from the snowman from Christmas Open House SVG Kit as well as the hat for your snowman or snow lady head. I wanted a pill box type hat so I used the round one from December Gifts SVG Kit. Either hat would be cute,the choice is yours.  Glue the #1 Doilies onto the extra lid for the top of your snow lady, then glue the hat onto the top of that with the flaps facing out and the round brim on top of that to hide the flaps. Adhere the band from Winter Bliss SVG Collection around the hat and then the corner element sized VERY Small. Try several cuts first to see how big you want this to be. My element looks to be about 2.25 inches high.The flower is a scallop from Dawn's Dollies SVG Collection and then sniped into the middle a bit to give it a flower look. Curl your sides of the scallop in a bit toward each other like a petal. There are many snowflakes that Mary has made but I used a snowflake punch I had for the middle of the flower. I cut two and then angled them so one would show under the other. To finish it off I added a gemstone to the center.

  The Tiny Snowflakes that are used for the hat and the mouth are from a Studio Punch I bought at Walmart a few years ago. If you have a silhouette or a Eclipse you can probably get your machine to cut something that small if you slow down the speed and take your time. Don't be discouraged if it takes you a few before you get some you can use. Make some extras to use for the mouth of your snow lady. I will post a couple of extra kits and collections that have snowflakes you might want to try.

The Eyes are made using a circle and adding four smaller circles for the center to look like buttons. To add dimension, I made them 5 "buttons" thick. Cut five buttons for each eye and glue one on top of the other. The lashes was just a strip of paper I cut chunky eyelashes with scissors like when we were kids. Glue them behind the buttons and add  glitter to large glue globs, I wanted her to give the appearance of being very cold.  I used the Pearl Chalks  to make her cheeks. Decide first where you want her cheeks and then glue the snowflakes in place for the mouth.
To further the appearance of being cold I  added the medium Icicles. Use the medium cut icicles and size them way down. I sure which I had the sizes for your still but can not find it. Measuring with my ruler it looks like the height is 1 inch.  Cut two making sure you mirror one before you cut it. Glue those together and then inside the nose fold as you glue it together. If you use the nose from the Christmas Open House SVG Kit it should be easier to glue the nose onto the front of the snow lady. I used hot glue for mine as there was no back to my nose.

For the lace collar, Cut the the #5 doily and cut a larger circle in the middle of it. I cannot tell you the exact size as it was an afterthought so I did the best I could to fit it onto it. I did cut the doily in half though to give it more of a peter pan collar look. I just realized there are some of you that don't have a glue what that means so I will try to explain. It is were there is a scallop on either side and it meets in the middle under the neck. Glue this to your extra lid and then glue that to the bottom of your snow lady, tie a ribbon around her neck to hide any imperfections and your done.

Add glitter to the hat as well for a icy look and to the top of her nose using a glob of glue. Your choice of colors will have a huge affect on how icy she looks. Choose light blues or turquoise colors for a colder feel to your snow lady, or give her a country look with using plaids or polka dots. However you choose for her too look I am sure she will be cute! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog and HAPPY CRAFTIN' Y'ALL! Blessings, Sharalyn
Thank you again to Linda Palaia for asking for the directions! 

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit
December Gifts SVG Kit
Christmas Open House SVG Kit
Doilies SVG Collection
Winter Bliss SVG Collection
Dawn's Doilies SVG Collection
Extra Snowflake Kits and Collections
Snowflakes SVG Mini Pack
Winter's Chill SVG Kit
Christmas in the Village SVG Collection
Santa's North Pole Workshop SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: White, Black, Pool, Mulberry
Tim Holtz Snow Flurries Emboss Folder
Art Glitter Ultra Fine Crystal Translucent Glitter
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Cameo
Stuido Small snowflake Punch
Blue Rhinestone from Michaels

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh, wowww! Look at her pretty hat with all the detail and the snowflake flower! Too cute!!! Love love the icicles hanging off her nose!   Way too cool - can't believe how you combined things to come up with her!

    ReplyDelete