svg cuts banner

Monday, March 30, 2015

No Bunny Butts about it!

Hey Y'all,

I hope your having a fantastic day! I have been seeing these bunny butts all over the internet made on cards and cookies cupcakes and the like. Adorable is all I can say. Whoever came up with the idea good for you! I had to do my own spin on it using one of Mary's files of course, plus I wanted to make something special for my grandsons that are close to me. The other two are spread afar from me and mailing a goodie is just not feasible, so this is what I came up with and I hope you like it.

Using the Strawberry from Sweets For My Sweet SVG Kit I sized the strawberry down. Here are the sizes with the file names: bottom W 4.275 x 4.551 H, bottom_panels.svg W 4.275 x 5.300 H, lid.svg W 5.656 x 2.794 H, lid_panels.svg 6.131 x 2.325 H. You are welcome to make the panels  a bit shorter if you wish this makes it a little less bulky but still works. Make the strawberry as you would normally adding your panels, turn the strawberry upside down and add a grass border if you have a notion. I do not have the size of the grass border it was cut paper I had in my stash. The file is one of Mary's files and is from Easter Morning Egg Hunt SVG Kit. You will have to size it down quite a bit. I curled it slightly with a wooden dowel to help it glue well around the egg. Another way would be to pinch it slightly at the score lines of the strawberry top.

The feet are from Bunny Hop SVG Kit. You will have to separate the pink feet from the pink.svg file and the same for the white feet from bunny1.svg file in Bunny Hop SVG Kit. The sizes of the pink feet are W 2.116 x 1.618 H. The white feet are W 1.950 x 1.750 H. Glue the pink feet to the white feet or in my case, Chocolate Bunny. ( a joke between my 11 yr old grandson and I) Glue the feet angled as you have seen in the photos onto the bottom of the upside down Strawberry. Glue a pink 1/2 inch pom to the top and your ready to fill with a treat.

I am going to make 3 more as that is how many grandsons I have here close the other two are grandsons as well. I know they will love that grandma was thinking of them. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your have a  blessed day. If you do make some of these I would love to see your take on it! Have a wonderful Easter and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
 Blessings,Sharalyn

SVG Kit's and Collections Used:
Sweets For My Sweet SVG Kit
 Easter Morning Egg Hunt SVG Kit
Bunny Hop SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
Doodlebug Card Stock: Hello Sunshine Collection
Bazzill Card Stock: Mud Pie
American Craft Card Stock: Mint
1/2 inch Pom Ball
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Hot Glue
Silhouette Cameo 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have to say this is the first version of a bunny butt I've seen on the internet! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete