svg cuts banner

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

More than a simple Gift

Good MorningY'all,
Today I am bringing another Bendi card to you and I hope you like it. I love seeing what others do with these and how their creative minds work. My mind, as late has been cluttered with other things and I thank the person who gave me these cards very much. We all need others to come along side us and lift us up once in a while. It has helped me find my creative place again when I found it very difficult to create.

I wasn't going to do another blended background but couldn't find something in my stash that I just loved.  I made another blended background using Tim Holtz Distress inks, added white dots and some "shooting starts". I added  a few clear glitter dots and spritzed it with perfect pearls again. I will list the colors I used in my supplies list at the bottom of this post. I wanted the moon to look a bit silvery, well I sort of achieved that. I used a piece of card stock vellum sponged the back of it with Stampin' Up going grey and shimmered the front with Wink of Stella Pen and some Star Dust Stickles. I adhered the vellum once it dried to the back of the background then glued the background into place.

I wanted the trees and the house to have more dimension so I added the extra trees and made another house cutting off the roof and embossing the body of the house with Tim Holtz Bricked emboss folder. The trees and the house can be found in the extras file. The trees were smudged with a q-tip and white ink to give a snow effect. I learned that from Sandy Allnock. She did that on a card and I thought it was so cool. Learning techniques from others can feed your creativity so watch those videos of others making their card and take classes when you can.

I added star dust stickles to portions of the card to give it some sparkle. While I loved the simplicity of this card, I of course had to add my own touch. I decided the snowflakes needed some holes so I added some to the Silent Night banner by using a 5 sided octagon W0.079 x 0.083 H. I angled them in various directions to add interest then selected the entire snowflake and right clicked then chose "make compound path".

After I thought I had completed the card, I felt it needed something off the left side so using the extra snowflakes I made some holes in those as well. I used a 5 sided octagon measuring W 0.149 x 0.151 H. I angled those and then added a center 6 sided octagon W 0.156 x 0.167 H.  It still needed a bit more to my eye so I added another 6 sided octagon to each tip of the snowflake and the size for that was W 0.093 x 0.100 H. I did not get a few centered properly but I have since fixed that on my design. Again select the entire snowflake, right click and "make a compound path". I cut mine snowflakes at two sizes W 1.197 x 1.101 H and W 0.962 x 0.885 H. I adhered them using the Kool Tak clear squares and then added star dust stickels to those as well.

That is my Silent Night bendi card and if you can stand one more post about the bendi cards I will make the last one and post it as well. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Again many thanks to the person who gave me the card kit, it has helped in more ways than you can imagine. From my heart to yours I thank you.  I hope you have a lovely day and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

 Dreaming Tree SVG Kits Used:
Christmas Bendi Cards

Supplies Used:
Bazzill Card Stock: White, Fairytale
Recollections Black Card Stock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Black Soot.
Tim Holtz round blending tool.
Post it labeling tape( to hold the card in place while blending)
Saukura White gel pen, Clear glitter pen
Zig: clear Wink of Stella Pen
Stampin' Up: Card Stock Vellum, Going Grey Ink
ColorBox Frost White Pigment Ink
Makeup q- tips
Ranger Star Dust Stickles
Kool Tack Clear 3d foam pads
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Cameo


2 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks for the explanations too - I wanted to do a background but it kept coming out wrong - yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you already know but start with your lightest color first and blend in a semi circle. Don't be afraid to go back over adding more purple or more blue ect. I look forward to seeing your card on Dreaming Tree .

      Delete