svg cuts banner

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Another Way to use your Talents

Hey all,
 So Leo misses our blogs and blog posts and I thought I would share with you another way to use your paper crafting.  This is what has kept me so busy these last few months and the main  reason I stepped down from the design team.  I felt a call on my heart to decorate the church using my gifts, IE paper crafting. I still paper craft just more for the church now.

My daughter arranges the artificial flowers as I really can't do that, not to the degree she can. That is one of her gifts. We have these baskets up front on the "stage" I call it that for lack of a better term but it is where our pastor and our praise team/choir stands. Elizabeth kept getting this idea and drew it out for me. Another one of her many talents. It included our baskets and some paper flowers. This is were I come in lol. I made the "black eyed Susan's" and a few other "fantasy flowers that will help make this look inviting to our guests. The Black eyed Susan's were our nod of thanks to our vets and the ones who didn't come home. May is the celebration of Memorial Day as well as Mother's Day and both are important to say thank you to.  The idea included the green fairy lights that were to represent "lightin' bugs" which I used the dragonfly I designed inspired by Summer Night and Flights SVG Bundle cut from cardstock weight vellum and adhered to the lights with a mini glue dot. This was to cut down a bit on the brightness of the lights.
The flowers with the  stem  hanging down were cut using the Hydrangea Tray SVG . Just fold the stem in half put the loop through the hole and use a floral wire to make a loop and attach the loop. I did have to do a one tie knot as the hole was just a tad to big. That is an easy fix though just ungroup and release compound path make the center hole smaller and then using the align tool center it in the center of your flower then make a compound path again and cut. You will need to draw a box around the flower and your new circle first before you align it.

The last flower I used was a daisy from svgcuts.com it is from the 3dflowers II. To make my daisies with the different color in the center you make the same outer petal but a tad smaller. I added puff balls to the center of these to expedite the making of them.

The final touch will be to add alternating red, white and blue ribbons to the baskets. There are four baskets so the last one will be a yellow ribbon for the soldiers that don't come home. God Bless each one of them.

So that is what I have been up to and I will try to continue to keep y'all in the loop of what I am making but they will depend on how rushed I am to get it done. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I hope this helps Mr. Leo Kowal, and cheers you just a little. We do still blog we are just mega busy... Many blessings to you all, Sharalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment