svg cuts banner

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Delicate and Beautiful Lanterne

Afternoon all!

It is a glorious Sunday afternoon and I am sharing with you the first item I have made from Creaiteve Papier. I was introduced to her designs through Helle Bilde Muller and her blog post. Helle and I were on the design team of Dreaming Tree together and I have seen many of Helle's Creations. I like to read her posts and see what she has made and what she is up to. It was one day that I read about a beautiful lantern Helle made. This is also Corina's design and though not the lantern Helle made, it is still a very pretty lantern. I will be making one like the one Helle posted about as well. Helle did a wonderful job with it.

For some crazy reason I became confused by what this lantern was made of and started making the body of it from acetate. I had no idea if this would work but felt is was very clever to make it from that as it would hold up a bit longer. Anyway it turns out that no it is supposed to be made with paper. I should say that the language of this blogger is Dutch and so you have to rely on goggle Translate to understand the jist of things. It doesn't take a translator to understand that her designs are well thought out and are quite lovely. This was what I thought anyway. I absolutely love lanterns and she does them very well.

I cut the body from acetate as I stated before. I had purchased a box of overhead transfers from a office supply store many years ago. Quite an expensive purchase for me at the time as it was 35.00 for this box. I thought I would never use the box up in my lifetime. If I were to make more designs using the acetate that might be possible but since I now understand I was wrong I might not use the whole box up.

Files can be used in Silhouette, Make the Cut or cut as an SVG. I loved how delicate this lantern was and have another idea which I am not willing to share just yet. Unlike another designer I have recently tired this gals files are complete and do fit quite well together. Instructions are in Dutch and you will have to translate them using Google.
I have been paper crafting many years now and enjoy it very much. I have started to design some of my own files and can appreciate a good design with great engineering. This designer does have that. Though I do miss the wonderful Videos I get from SVG cuts and Dreaming Tree, I see a great future with wonderful designs ahead with Corina. I look forward to sharing more of them.

I used American Craft White Card Stock and pearls from my stash to decorate this lantern as well as my Musical Flourish Emboss folder from Cuttle bug. This Folder is one I use quite often and it is one of my favorites.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog, I hope you will give Corina's Files a try. You have to contact her via her blogposts and give her the number of the files you want. They will send an email with the PayPal information and once you pay you will receive the files. Thank you again for stopping by. Happy Sunday and Happy Craftin' y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and so delicate, Sharalyn! Do you, per chance, have the link to her blog? I can't seem to find it since it's in Europe.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete