svg cuts banner

Friday, January 17, 2020

Never to late for a little Christmas

Hey Ya'll
I have had a crazy past year with under slab water leaks, painting, broken ankle and much more. This was the reason I was not crafting much as everything that was in my living room was temporarily in my craft room. All is well now and I have a beautiful new floor and my home is really starting to look the way I always wanted.. Thank God for a New Year and a fresh start.

 I am crafting like crazy so I have two snow globes to show you. My first one ever was a learning curve.  I have since altered the design a bit to make it sturdier and to help it hold the shape with the Acetate.  This smaller globe is for a couple of very special friends, the larger is for my girlfriend whom shares my love for snowmen. Both are belated Christmas gifts as I couldn't decide what I wanted to make for either. The snow globes are from a very creative lady named Corrina. Her shop is Creatieve Papier Uitspatting Lets get started..

I have included the links for the items I purchased but you will need to create your own account if you want to purchase Cornnia's Designs.

Snowglobe with Christmas Truck
My choice to alter the tabs was because I made the design so small. In the open design I found the side pieces for the globe and extended the length of the tabs just a tad. I did this so the tabs would hold better with the use of the acetate. I also decreased the size of the cut out for the acetate so the side pieces would be just a little wider. In my opinion this added stability to the design when using acetate. This already can be a difficult product to work with and finding things that will hold it and not make a mess with the acetate is difficult. I find using 1/8 inch score tape that I purchase in multi packs from Amazon is very efficient to use with Acetate. Line the sides, top and bottom with score tape and pulling one side of the protective paper off the score tape at a time as you line up to your frame. Continue removing the protective paper from the score tape as you line your side pieces for your globe.  Place another layer of score tape onto that to hold your sides together. While constructing your globe place another line of score tape to the connected sides and apply the frames to hide your tabs. Remove the protective paper one edge at a time with the frames as well while constructing the globe.

Snowman with lantern
Once the globe is constructed you can construct the bottom for your globe and put on the panels. I purchased the snowman as well from her page. I have made this little guy three times but once as the design imports. Corrina makes things large as a rule.  Always check to see what size your pieces are on the mat so you can decide yourself if you would like to scale the size down. I scaled this snowman down to 30 % of his orginal size. The nose pieces were to delicate for me to remove from the mat in once piece so I opted not to use them on the snowman inside the globe. I had thin strips of paper to make the eyebrows and mouth. The candle inside the lantern was made using small piece of an air can straw. I glued it to the inside of the lantern and added a small piece of yellow vellum to the top for the flame. Buttons, ribbon, rhinestones and donut shaped embellishments from my stash were added to dress up my snowman. I added a tiny bell to the top and perfect pearls white opal dimensional paint were added for a snowy affect. Stickles waterfall was added to the top of that.
I had a very small bottle brush tree in my stash and added that with snow for Christmasy affect.  Just add some glue and sprinkle the snow on top.

I did alter the top piece for the globe to make it a little larger and added a slit to the top. The snowflake was from the ecal winter shapes menu and a rectangle was welded to it to make the piece you would put through the slit. I cut two glued them together leaving the bottom of the rectangle free to adhere the ends to the underside of the top flower piece. I added lace around the globes at the bottoms of both globes to give a finished look.

 These are my snow globes, I hope you enjoyed them.  I will list supplies on the bottom of this post, sizes will not be listed as it is your choice what size you choose to make it. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Have a look around Corrina's shop she is quite talented and I have enjoyed her designs for a couple of years now. Thank you again and Happy Craftin y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

Creatieve Papier Uitspatting
Snowglobe with Christmas Truck                                      
Snowman

Bazzill Cardstock
Blackbird
Ruby Slipper
Evening Surf
Pumpkin
Avocado
American Craft Cardstock 
White
Carrot

Ranger
Stickles: Perfect Pearls White, Waterfall, Stardust
Queen & Co : donut shaped embellishment
Hero Arts: Rhinestones
Heidi Swapp: Silver bullet Adhesives

Red, White and sliver lace from my stash,
Acetate from Office supply
Scotch Tacky Glue
Ecal
Sizzix Eclips 2 cutting machine.

Snow you would purchase at Christmas time. I try to buy the iridescent snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment