svg cuts banner

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Back in the Saddle... Ahhhh craft chair again!

Morning y'all!
I have missed talking to ya and settin' with ya! Let me explain what happened. Our Dog Sassy has been deaf for about a year and a half and she is about 13. We aren't sure of her actual age since she was a rescue. Anyhoo she has a habit of if she is up we all need to be up. (she can sneak off to bed at 7pm sometimes) So I was shooshin her out of the bedroom yet again and had just closed the door when my hubby's alarm in the other room went off, so forgetting that the baby gate was up and with her standing in front of me in a dark hallway I was rushing to shut off the alarm. Yep you guessed it I fell right over her and the onto the baby gate. Got both knees, cut my leg bruised my feet and landed on the fallen baby gate with my right hand. Of course Sassy comes over wagging her tail like what are ya doing mom? And if I didn't bump enough on the way down I hit my head on the bed for good measure. What did hubs do you ask? Slept right through it! LOL Why did we have a baby gate up? Because Miss I am getting old had been sneaking out to the living room and pooping on the floor instead of waking us up. Ahhh the trials of an older dog. We love her but adjusting to her deafness has been for us as well as her. Top that off with a case of cataracts and you have a lovely combination. We live in an area where there is a lot of wild life as well so we don't have a doggie door. We don't want to make our house take out for the coyotes, bob cats and mountain lions. So that is what happened and although nothing was broken I had a lot of bruises and the worst was my hand and wrist, and yes of course I am right handed need you ask????

  So it was with great joy that I could craft yesterday. Yes I did pay for it a bit and I will have to take it a bit more easy today but at least I can plan and get my ideas going again. I don't mind telling you I felt like I was starting all over again. It took me a few hours to get my groove on again. I am pleased to present to you my version of the Scare Crow from Leaves are Falling SVG Kit.
Oh when I saw that scare crow and could have crowed myself! Loved It is not the word! I had another idea hit me last night so I am going to try it as well. The idea I had before this fall is going to be a while before I can use that much dexterity. Please hang in there with me as my hand recovers from the fall. Haha no pun intended.. (get it ??? I made a fall scarecrow?) insert groan here hehe

I made the scarecrow the size he comes but changed the head to a pumpkin type head as Mary had done in the tutorial. I had though of it the minute I saw the scarecrow in the kit. I will of course list my supplies and such at the bottom of my post.
 I cut the hat out of mustard colored AC card stock then took it over to the sizzix big shot I won from SVG cuts (making a scarecrow head) LOL and embossed the hat using cuttlebugs Tiny Mosac embossing folder. I inked the edges and sponged it sort of all over with Stampin ups soft suede  ink. Then I made the head using Apricot AC Card Stock and took my Martha Stewart score pad to make lines in the accent pieces for the head. Then I inked it as well with Stampin up Tangerine Tango. The paper pack I used for the shirt and vest are from Graphic 45 French Country. Love those papers. I wanted a jean paper for the pants but didn't have any so I took AC Blueberry and used a hounds-tooth background stamp and Versa Mark and stamped it then put Ranger Super fine clear embossing powder on top and embossed it for texture. Then I put the paper on the mat and cut out the pants and glued them together. The cuff paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle, the Vintage Summer collection.
The straw for this guy is AC sunflower color and I used my forest branches embossing folder from cuttlebug for the hair only. I just used a pencil to curl and finger fluff the straw. His mouth is AC Card stock  pomegranate, with black tiny x's on the mouth. The eyes are AC Chestnut color and the nose is Coffee color from AC Card Stock. (As I watch the sun rise while I write this, coffee sounds good about now.)
The embellishments I used are my favorite buttons from Buttons Galore and More. Even the cute little tiny buttons! Aren't they adorable??? I couldn't resist them! The ribbon band around the hat is a retired ribbon from Stampin up. cute though don't ya thing? To bad they retire stuff  all the time. I understand why but I wish I knew I was going to love something ahead of time so I could  buy a ton of it!  The blue twine is from American Crafts as well.
So there you have it my scarecrow and nothing spectacular but I like the way he turned out. Mary out did  herself again. The kit includes a "ribbon" board and a couple of really adorable cards and a very cute bag as well that if you use vellum in it can be a lantern if you wanted to.
There are several new kits out that I have yet to try but give me time I will. Don't take my word for how cute they are go and Check them out!!!! While your there Wish Mary and Leo a Happy wedding day! They are tying the knot on Friday!!!! Yay!!! Yippe!!!!(throw fall leaves)
 I am going to try VERY hard not to push myself and take it slow.. the healing is almost there but not completely. I still get some tingling from my hand when I do something it doesn't like so hang in there with me. I have many more ideas in the works. I will say that I worked (left handed) on a project for my daughters B day which isn't until November so you'll have to wait for the write up and photos on that project but I think you'll find it very useful. I used a new product that Silhouette came out with this summer and will give you my thoughts on it.
Thank you so much for stopping by and settin' with me a spell. I can honestly say I have missed you all! Have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting! Blessings Sharalyn

Kit Used:
Leaves Are Falling SVG Kit
Supplies used:
American Craft Card Stock: Apricot, Mustard, Pomegranate, Chestnut, Sunflower, Coffee
Graphic 45 French Country Paper Pack.
Little Yellow Bicycle Vintage Summer
Stampin up Ink Tangerine Tango, Soft Suede
Stampin up Linen Thread (tied in apple button)
Buttons Galore and More: Fall buttons, and tiny buttons(super cute)
American Craft twine (called ribbon)
Burlap Scraps for patches.
Sakura Gelly Roll  fine tip Black pen
Scotch quick dry adhesive

1 comment: