svg cuts banner

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Little Fall

Hi all!
Lets talk Seasons!!!!  My dear husband knows that when Autumn comes around and the pretty colored fall leaves and decorations come, I just drool over them all. I LOVE AUTUMN~~ There I said it I am an Autumn nut!!!! My dear hubby puts up with the fall leaves garland and all the fall decorations I put up every year a little earlier than I should, and Bless him for that!

I've held out pretty good this year, last year I started in August but truthfully I was sick of the heat! This year hasn't been quite so bad although my favorite time of the year is here again and this year holds a special meaning for me as I celebrate my 35th wedding anniversary on the 23rd.. Yep He put up with me for 35 yrs that man deserves an award!!! lol. So in celebration of Autumn and the beginning of my Crazy season rushing wild woman that I am (as my daughter puts it) I made myself a wreath for my front door.

I started with some shapes from the Silhouette store that I already had and a 8.5 inch round circle. I made a wreath back by drawing a 8.5 inch w circle then putting a 4.5 inch circle inside that and making a compound path. Then I cut two of these shapes out of chipboard and glued those together then another two were cut out of Sunflower AC Card Stock to cover the chipboard. ( I used the cardboard that comes in the pkgs of Stampin up Designer card stock as I didn't have real chipboard)
Then I cut my leaves. One of the sets I used was Lori Whitlock the other leave were from Hero Arts and the Wheat was also Lori Whitlock. I use her stuff a lot.

 I made the base of the wreath by taking rope we had and braiding three strands together. I did that five times then I started hot gluing them on to the base just leaving loops so I could weave the other pieces throughout here and there. Glue as you go along and do yourself a favor and get those things that go on your fingertips so you wont burn your fingers I have a blister on my thumb cuz I don't have any yet.

Then I dry embossed my leaves and inked them I borrowed my friends hounds tooth Stampin up folder from Sizzix and then I used Tim Holtz Alterations Snow flakes which were part of a set with the snowman that has the hat on.. and then I used Cuttlebug's Forest Branches. The inks I used were all Stampin up colors, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron and Dusty Durango. I shaped them a bit using my favorite shape tools. I glued all but the wheat down. Then I wrapped the rest of the wreath with 2.5 inch w burlap ribbon I got a Walmart. I made the bow with ribbon I got a Michael's I love checks and polka dots and this time of year I am drawn right back to the checks.. Then I arranged my burlap flowers from Scrapbooksteals network. (they just came Friday and I couldn't wait to use them) The maker is Pink parislee and the collection is Cottage Farms. Then of course I glued by favorite go to buttons from Buttons Galore and More.. OH my I could spend a fortune at that place! If you aren't familiar with them they are an online store.. love, love , love their buttons. The Wooden flower stick button is from Little Yellow Bicycle the Naturals collections and I have been holding on to those to use on something special..

Now you know how I say don't do what I did? Well this is one of those times again. After I got the whole wreath done I thought now how am I going to hang this???? OK so I used my cropodile to make a standard sized hole and put an We R Memory Keepers eyelet through it then took a copper colored wire and made a loop for it to hang.

Well that is my wreath and the first thing I have made or decorated with Autumn colors.. so I guess it has begun my crazy rush the season decorating.. Thanks for stopping by Y'all and no, this time I didn't use anything from SVG cuts but that doesn't mean I couldn't have.. I will save that for next week. Stay tuned I have another crazy fall decoration cooking in my brain.. hugs to you all! Be safe have a super holiday weekend and Happy Crafting Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your wreath and I ♥ Autumn too.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete