svg cuts banner

Thursday, June 16, 2016

CARDS, CARDS and More CARDS

Morning all,
I am a little under the weather right now, it would seem I have caught a summer cold. It has been a long time since I did that. Anyhoo, I said in my last post that I would be working on some Father's Day cards and I have been. I also made a belated birthday card for my mom. Her birthday is the day after my son's and he was here when her birthday came. I still sent her a present and called but told her the card would be late. I am sorry it was this late mom.

The cards I have been making are from SVG Cuts and called box cards as they stand up like a box but fold flat. (they are supposed to fold flat but mine don't always) Mary does a great job explaining how each card is made in her tutorials but I still have trouble getting all of mine to fold flat.. I also have trouble with boxes so maybe there is a connection. OK maybe not, maybe it is just me. On to the first card!

The first card I attempted to make was the fishing tackle box from Sunday with Dad SVG Kit . I say attempted because it took a few tries and it still doesn't fold flat. That is OK because the person receiving it won't keep it flat anyway. I used eyelets for the adhesive donuts that Mary used. I did find the Queen & Co Glitter Studs Self-Adhesive, Stones, Lifesavers, on Amazon. That is the description they are under. It is a long name for them. I would like to find an alternative place to purchase them as they are really cool but the shipping was more than I like to pay.   Like Mary, I used blingy paper and added string and such to the card along with some clear Wink of Stella. It took a while to make and PLEASE watch the video first. I didn't and that was a huge mistake on my part. Mary makes this one a little different that the rest of her cards. I will make it again as the wow factor for this card is so awesome but lesson learned. Watch the video first!

The second card I made was the hamburger and it turned out really cute, at least I think so. That card is for the master burger maker in this house. They are really yummy ! I added a little juice to the cheese for affect. I like his burgers even more than In and Out. ( A west coast burger place everyone loves)

The third I made was for my dad, I made the route 66 card from Travel the World SVG Kit. There is a lot more to this kit one should really look at! A fantastic Eiffel Tower, a vintage english phone booth and much more! I added a headlamp (rhinestone) to the car. I love historic Route 66 and think dad will really like this card as well.

The fourth card I made was for my mom, the card is from World's Best Mom SVG Kit and while I wanted to make the oven for her I realized it was because I like it and mom would probably like the tea pot better. That is the card I made for her using prints instead of solids to make it and while I know that isn't quite her thing I am hoping she loves it anyway.

The fifth card I made was for my son Chris. I made the six pack box card from Sunday with Dad SVG kit. I used Echo Parks The Great Outdoors Collection for this one as he and his wife like to kayak and I thought what better than to bring a refreshment to the outing.

The last card I made was for my son-in-law Joel. Family time is often with food so I thought the grill would be perfect.  The grill is from Father's Day Box Cards SVG Kit . It also has a very neat looking golf cart card as well. There are two other cards but you will have to go look I won't spoil the surprise.

To all the men in my life I want to wish you a very happy Father's Day! Thank you for all you do!

If you haven't made your cards yet and your looking for ideas I hope you take a look at these card kits and consider them. The hardest part is choosing the papers.  I will list all the paper collections and the supplies below. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. To all of you I wish you a very Happy Father's Day and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

SVG Kits
Sunday with Dad SVG Kit
Travel the World SVG Kit
World's Best Mom SVG Kit
Father's Day Box Cards SVG Kit

Note: Bazzill Card Stock Now comes with the AC Cardstock sticker on it. I am listing what was Bazzill card stock first as a result.

Supplies
American Craft Card Stock: Mud Pie, Ruby Slipper, Mocha Divine, Admiral, Stonehenge, Blush Red Dark, Great Lakes, Rainforest, Bitter Chocolate, Grapefruit, Lemon, Cricket, Carmel, Crimson, Carrot, Scarlet, Vanilla, White, Cranberry, Sky, Charcoal, Dandelion, Marine, Chestnut, Latte.
American Craft 6x6 Pad: Mayberry Collection
Graphic 45: By the Sea Collection, Sweet Sentiments Collection
Echo Park: Jack and Jill Boy Collection
Carta Bella: The Great Outdoors Collection
My Minds Eye: Market Street Collection, Cut and Paste Collection
Stampin Up: Card Stock Vellum
Recollections: Silver Shiny Paper, Silver Textured Paper, Clear Rhinestones, Solid Rhinestone Stickers
Gold and Blue Holographic Paper: Stash
Ranger Stickles: Gold
Hero Arts Metallic Décor: Pewter
My Minds Eye Enamel Dots: Jack and Jill Girl Collection
Teresa Collins: Coral Sequins
Silver Eyelets: Stash
Tim Holtz Emboss Folders: Brick, Diamond Plate
Wink Of Stella: Clear, Silver
Sharpie: Gold Permanent Marker
Stampin Up Markers: Early Espresso, Taken with Turquoise
Black Gel Pen
Sakura: White Gel Pen
The Twinery:  Denim, Ocean
Zots:3d Glue Dots
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo




No comments:

Post a Comment