svg cuts banner

Monday, July 25, 2016

Come Fly with Me, Dragonfly!

Hey y'all,
It has been quite a while since I posted anything.. I am so sorry. My life has been very crazy for quite a while. First I was very sick then we decided we would take a few days in Big Bear and our #3 grandson had his first type 1 diabetic episode.  When things had settled a tiny bit I decided I better do those cupboards in the kitchen before October came and I might need to start using my woodstove and yep painting anything would be out until next summer. Oh and mom and dad are coming for a visit in October soooo I am about half way done with the cupboards, then paint the kitchen walls and please dear Lord, let me be done!!!! Crazy Crazy Life!

I had made the dragon fly lantern before I left and the night It came out I was hoping there would be an extra dragon fly to attach to the lantern. No such luck so I made my own. Here is my Dragon fly lantern from the Summer Nights and Flights Bundle  from Dreaming Tree.

I cut the lantern using Vanilla American Craft card stock, Bazzill Pinecone card stock and  K& Company Merriweather Paper pack. I assembled it as instructed by Leo. If you watch the tutorial Leo mentions that they were tossing around ideas for a hanging top. I created my own and glued the flaps to the inside of the lid to hold it in place. Although I got busy and never took it further, I feel you could punch small holes on the top and inside of the lid and attach twine to hold the lid in place so it could be hung. I attached gemstones to the outside to add a bit of bling. The Vanilla accent pieces were embossed with cuttlebug Musical Flourishes emboss folder then inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.  My dragonflies were cut using card stock vellum and their wings were bent in an upright position with the tail curled up a bit to add whimsy. Two small gem stones were added to the back of him.

This was a great design that really catches the feel of summer. I could see these on the table at a evening gathering or used to adorn the tables of a wedding then given as favors, as they often do at weddings. So many ideas come to mind and while I am still painting my kitchen creating has to wait a bit longer.
I got some fall paper in the mail the other day and oh with it so hot and humid I could do with cool evenings and more creating time. Soon I tell myself I will be able to get back to what I love doing so very much. I apologize again for my crazy life and soon I will be back to creating and sharing my crazy ideas with you all! Much love to you and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

3dsvg Bundle
Summer Nights and Flights Bundle

Supplies
American Craft Card Stock: Vanilla
Bazzill Card Stock: Pinecone
K& Company Card Stock: Merriweather Pack
Stampin up: Card Stock Vellum
Cuttlebug: Musical Flourish emboss folder
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Vintage Photo
Recollections: Clear Rhinestones
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition Software
Silhouette Cameo

2 comments: