svg cuts banner

Thursday, May 10, 2012

3d numbers!!!

Good morning everyone!
Well I did it I got the 2 made for my grandson yesterday and it wasn't so hard. Yes I did have a part that didn't quite match up but after watching Mary on the tutorial video she always does for us I didn't feel so bad or frustrated that it wasn't perfect. I just took the scissors and trimmed that piece right off. Any imperfections that bugged me you know me I hid it with something. Usually a butterfly. LOL So here it is.
I imported it at the size it imports and cut the 2 using lemon yellow cardstock from American Crafts. Love that paper it really does cut like butter compared to others. I had gotten some really pretty Echo Park Summer Days Paper from Scrapbooksteals.com so I used that for the face of the two. Then I couldn't help but think of the talking numbers on Sesame Street so I had to add the eyes, yes eyes it has one on the other side with the ice cream cones on that side also. This 3d numbers kit comes with so many other 3d elements and this adorable party had that requires no glue is included. I shrunk that way down. Sorry I didn't write down the size. then I put twine through the holes and added some fish brads I have had forever. I tied it around the top like you would on a child and added the dump truck with Wyatt's name on it. I added some buttons and a key one(kitty) just because he loves them. A smile was required as I didn't want him to be afraid when he sees it. The butterfly's were an after thought as I needed to hide a glop of hot glue I spotted. Yeah still learning with the hot glue gun, and there you have it a 3d 2. I have put together a 3 for a certain Hawaiian little grandson who will be her in a few weeks. His Birthday isn't until July but He will be here and I am sure will like it. I haven't decorated it yet but will try to get it posted tomorrow. Much more challenging with the two bumps and no this one wasn't so perfect but that is OK. If I get my nerve up I will try a 9 as the other grandson who will be visiting at the same time will be 9 in July also the day after mine. I will be 52 those numbers might not be so hard and If I can figure out what I would do with them afterward I might make some for myself.  Today is the last day to get this kit free with a $9.98 purchase. Very worth it in my opinion you save 6.99 that way. So here is the link check them out. If you have any questions just ask I will answer. http://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3561_1  
Have an amazing day everyone, thanks so much for stopping by. Sharalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment