svg cuts banner

Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank you cards

Hi everyone,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I have two cards I made Saturday night as thank you cards for my friends. They gave me an early b day present and boy was I surprised. I wasn't expecting anything but to get such an awesome present really blew me away. The two had gone in together and bought me a stampin up  paper trimmer. The guillotine kind that I had wanted to 1. Stop buying blades!!! grrrr and 2. to make much thinner cuts. I have watched Kristina Werner since I started making cards about two years ago and had taken a few of her classes so I asked her advice on a paper trimmer and that is what she suggested. Actually she said Stampin up carried the same kind but she uses a name brand one. Anywho I came right home and had to play with it. Also I was raised where you do write a thank you note when someone does something so sweet for you. So here are the cards I am sorry it isn't such a great photo as I said I made them that night to give to them the next day at church. Both cards were made as portrait cards and the first I used Neenah Desert Storm Kraft color card stock from Simon Says Stamp  and  half of a Pretty dollie from the June card kit also from Simon Says Stamp. The paper is Pink Paislee London Market Collection from the June kit. I stamped the heart from a retired set from stampin up and used the heart laced edger also from Stampin Up. to finish it off I added a clear Hero arts adhesive jewel and uniball white gel pen. The other card is Bazzill colored cardstock and also the paper from that collection. I used another half of a dollie from the kit and cut off the brad ends from that kit also to add to the front of the card the aqua paper has loved and friend versa marked on it in a zig zag shape. I am sorry the picture isn't so great I usually take my time so you can get a good look but I was in a hurry that morning to get them to the people that needed them. I have said before but I highly recommened the card Kits from Simon Says Stamp. This time it was loaded with goodies! well I feel that way every time but Oh so much fun and exciting to get it and to see what is coming next. They also include a little sucker which I love sucking on while I make my cards. Just a special touch that I think is just so great! Tomorrow I will post another card for you a guys card this time as I made one for my son's 29th birthday on the 27th and didn't take a picture and oh you should have seen his face that shy little smile and I like that mom. Made this ol' mom's heart sing! well till tomorrow happy crafting everyone and thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment