It has been a hard day so far as we had to put one of our kitties to sleep so I write this to leave the sadness behind and press ahead.
When the Autumn challenge was done last month someone had submitted an adorable idea. They had made a turkey using the pumpkin but left the body as a pumpkin. I thought it was so cute so I had to do my own take on it and here he is. I started by cutting the Ghost pumpkin from the Pick a Pumpkin SVG Kit Mary did. The sizes I cut were as follows.
Pumpkin 4 is cut at w 5.348 h 3.012
Accents are cut at w 5.444 h 4.085
Make the body as you would make a pumpkin then I inked the edges of the pumpkin body with Stampin up's pumpkin colored ink, really i did. LOL then I took the accents and used my Martha Stewart scoring board and scored lines straight down to make it look like a pumpkin and of course inked it with the pumpkin ink as well. I used leaf #2 for the tail feathers from Harvest Country Home SVG Collection and the maple leaf from Autumn Elements SVG Collection for the wings.The colors I used were Mustard, Apricot, and Pomegranate. Leaves were cut at W 2.65 x H 4.242 I hot glued them on the back and bent them as I felt they needed to give the effect of the tail feathers. The wings were cut at W 2.116 x H 2.190. The feathers around the neck are cut at W1.421 x H 1.359. I used coffee AC card stock for the wings and the neck feathers I used pomegranate AC card stock for the neck. The stem from the pumpkin and is cut at W 5.615 x H 2.315. The head is the acorn from Acorn Autumn SVG Kit and is cut at W 5.615 x H 2.315 The Lid and panels are cut at W 4.084 x H 2.030. Accents for the acorn body are cut at W 2.464 x H 3.593. I used Lady bug AC card stock for that as it reminded me of Mary's turkey neck in her Thanksgiving Dinner SVG Kit. I embossed the accents for the bottom of the acorn through the tiny bubbles embossing folder to give it the bumpy affect. Assemble the acorn and the top. I saved the stem from the lady bug color as I used that for the waddle. I trimmed off a bit and glued it underneath bending it down for the affect.
To make the beak I cut triangles by hand and played with it till I got the look I wanted the hot glued it into place. I added black pearls to make the eyes and it is done. Thank you to the gal that made one for the challenge it was a great idea and I loved it. I only wish I could remember you name so I could give you credit for the idea. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Have a great day and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
SVG Cuts Kits and Collections Used:
Pick a Pumpkin SVG Kit
Acorn Autumn SVG Kit
Harvest Country Home SVG Collection
Autumn Elements SVG Collection
SVG Kit Mentioned by not used:
Thanksgiving Dinner SVG Kit