Good morning all,
It is a lovely October first in the high desert. I am excited to feel the crisp in the air for now I am happy that it is just cooler. We have had some brutal heat this summer.
I am sure most of you know how much I love SVG CUTS. They have had contests to recreate or create something completely new for some time now and I that is just part of the fun on this page. Seeing the amazing projects people come up with encourages me to be more creative in the things I a make. You have to use the files that are allowed and basic shapes only. If you want more info go to their Facebook page and click on the challenge. So with that in mind I will tell you how I made this creation and hope that it encourages you to challenge yourself to be more creative. I will share a few giggles along the way as my husband was "very encouraging in my idea" LOL.I started by making the cauldrons orange to make them look like the pumpkins and since I wanted them to be vintage I inked the edges with a brown ink pad
Cut the cauldron at:
Base I used three at this size:
Accents: w.7.649 h 3.43
Tabs:w 7.966 h 1.980
Bottom: w 9.076 h 2.910
I am not sure what the larger one was cut at as I had cut that for something else and didn't use it. finished size is about 4 inches tall so I would say that is up to you.
Ink all the edges of your accents and the sides of the base and top of the base of the cauldron.
The faces came from Midnight Jamboree in the extras file and were imported and cut at the size they import. I used tiny bubbles embossing folder for the middle part that is orange on the faces to give it texture and I inked them with the brown ink pad.
So I started assembling this creation with the three pumpkins teetering on one another but of course it was to heavy and my hubby comes in and says How are your going to counter the weight? that isn't going to work, to which he got a look that said you can leave now your not encouraging me. I put a half of a skewer stick in the bottom of the first pumpkin gluing it in place to keep the second pumpkin at the angle I wanted, then added beans to weight it down. I used hot glue to assemble it. While making this I listened to Pandora radio and chose swing music as my get in the mood music, and hubby comes in and says What are you listening to? My reply.. You know you married your mother so just leave now OK? he does shaking his head..
The flourishes were from Gothic Flourishes I used 15 and 9 and these are the sizes I used.
flourish 15: w 4.986 h 3.883 Flourish 9: w 4.115 h 1.815
w 3.975 h 4.992 w 2.660 h 3.637
w 5.419 h 7.077 w 4.109 h 1.858
w 4.988 h 4.095
I used Thyme colored ink from stampin up to ink the edges it is discontinued and was given to me by a friend but really is my fave for edging greenery this color. I can't tell you how many I used or which was where but just use your creative eye to get the look you want. I also wanted the flourishes on the bottom to look like arms so I was quite happy when my daughter said it looked like that with much nervousness in her voice. The fence was cut from the extras file from Midnight Jamboree and was cut at: w 3.054 h 2.623 I cut three of those for sturdiness and glued them all together. The step that the fence is glued to use from Elmhurst Hallow from the haunted mansion and was cut at w 11.00 h 3.122 I inked the fence with copper ink and then added tiny brads in metallic colors to give it an old fence look. The kitties were cut at: w 8.120 h 4.752 and w 2.480 h .173
Larger kitty was and extra I had cut for something else so sorry no idea again. I cut three of them and sandwiched card stock vellum I had inked yellow in between layers to make the kitty's faces show better, then hot glued them in place. The spiders were from Gothic Flourishes also and I used my designer software from silhouette to cut off the web. I cut several using coffee colored paper and used my white gel pen and a fine black marker to make eyes, but before the eyes I ran all those through the tiny bubbles embossing folder. I bent the ends over to glue them to the edges. The moon face was cut at w.300 h 3.00 and also came from Midnight Jamboree kit. The candy corn was the last thing I made and added and again I was asked how I was going to counter the weight.. Mr. Skeptical thought I was adding to much weight. I used a rounded triangle from the shapes menu and made three sizes then glued them to each other and inked the edges with a brown ink pad then hot glued that to floral wire to give it the spilling affect. I covered the beans and stick with orange tissue paper and some flourishes on the sticks. I did bend leaves and spider threads here and there to give it more affect. I have a tool I love it is McGill flower shaping tools. Anyway I think that is everything I have decided to add this to the challenge for Anything but a card as well. As always happy crafting and I would love to see your take on my creation. Here is a link that will take you to the svg cuts page have a browse around and see if you find anything you just love. Mary and Leo are terrific.
Thanks for stopping by Sharalyn
Kits and collections Used:
Party On Elm Street SVG Kit
Midnight Jamboree SVG Kit