svg cuts banner

Friday, March 22, 2013

Thinkin Spot Info!


Morning Everyone!
I received a very nice comment asking me to list the sizes I cut my elephant creation and although I am not on a design team I did make the spread sheet for ya. I am warning you though you will get an insight as to how my brain works and let me tell ya it is scary in here! Your  forewarned!!!lol. I tried to link the spread sheet but it didn't work so just send me your email and I will email you the spread sheet.

I started by cutting the base, then I embossed the accent panels with a zebra folder. Then before putting them on I added some glue in various places and used my favorite glitter. Art glitter and the color I used was a small sample they were kind enough to send me, called Sahara. I love their glitter it is soooooo pretty! Then I glued the straws onto the base with my hot glue gun. I use the imaginisce battery operated glue gun. I like the small nozzle and added feature of a light at the end of it. When I purchased this gun someone told me about eneloop rechargeable batteries and I apologize now to that dear lady but I thought ,Whoa what it this are they trying to sell me something???? Well she was just sharing with me a great product. So I am sorry. Although the glue gun is awesome it chews through reg batteries like crazy. So I do suggest you try these batteries for it. My only complaint is I don't have enough charged sometimes to get me through all the gluing I do. So I think I need a bigger charger and another pkg. I bought two but I am thinking I could use another two. Ok enough of that.
I inked the edges of my leaves first then ran them through my Big Shot with the Zebra folder as well. Then I used my Flower shaping tools from EK Success to curve them a bit and started gluing them to the straw.. use your creative eye for how you want them to look and don't be afraid to cut the leave in two (I did) where ever you want. I added the last tree with the large leaves after I had glued my elephant on the the top to make sure I had enough room.
Start with your elephant next and cut the small pumpkin. I did remove one panel on the pumpkin to have the right shape for me but you can leave it  on and have a  more plump elephant. I didn't glue the ends shut just yet and on the top of the pumpkin did not add the octagon shape to close the end. I figured no one would see it so that is how I went with it. Next glue your stems the legs and trunk pieces together and then cut the acorn for the head. Once you have your pieces glued together your ready to start putting your elephant together. I inked my elephant with basic grey ink from Stampin up. On the trunk pieces glue them together arranging them so it looks like a trunk end to end. Glue the End of your trunk to your Acorn (head) opps! (I forgot to tell you to smash the end of the acorn in so the trunk will fit. Sorry!!!)then cut your ears and ink them as well and I glued the head first to the body so I could see how I wanted to arrange the ears. I also shaped the ears with my flower shaping tools. Then I added the front legs and one of the back legs. I poked a hole in his backside to add a braided bunch of embroidery floss with loose pieces at then end for his fluff. Then I hot glued that in place to hold it and I did not glue the back piece to close it. I plopped a bunch of glue on the base and glued his backside in place. Then afterward added his other leg to make sure he didn't look like he was falling off. Adhere his eyes, they are black pearls that I got from Michaels. I glued leaves and grass but I think leaves would have been just fine so I didn't include the grass part to the spread sheet.
Now add the final tree behind your elephant and cut the straw at a angle at the top to give the tree a bent look then use a smaller piece and put hot glue on it and insert inside your tree base. cover your angle with leaves and add your leaves to the top I did bend the leaves in half so it had kind of a point then glued and held till it was staying.
I put beans in the base of the apple and glued the lid to the top. Do me a favor and yourself and do this before you start putting your elephant creation together. So there you have it how I put this creation together now go get yourself a strong drink or a cup of chamomile tea to calm down because looking into my "creative mind" is scary for anyone!
  Thank you for asking for this I really do appreciate all of you and hope you understand that writing these takes time.  Below is a link that will take you to SVG cuts page and you can shop for the kits and collections I used there.  Remember to email me with your email so I can send you the spread sheet. Or if you see me on SVG cuts then just message me and I will attach it to the message. Thanks again.
Blessings, Sharalyn

Note: All Kits and Collections you might need are on the spreadsheet. Contact me via my Shara's Paper Creations Facebook page and I will send you the spreadsheet. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sharalyn, I tried to download the spreadsheet and it takes me to a page for downloading a 'my drive - google drive'something. Can you email me the spreadsheet please. daniellekellogg@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    P.S. Forgot to say that is super cute.

    ReplyDelete