svg cuts banner

Monday, June 10, 2013

Fun invite and Party favor Idea!!!


Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to catch up on house hold chores so I haven't crafted much these last couple of days. I am sure this has made my husband very happy. LOL

A few weeks ago I got this idea to make an invitation and party favor using the Picnic in the Park for the theme.  I shared the idea with a friend at church and she told me she had some cork don't go and buy it. I had already posted a request on where to find a few things. IE a pen that would work on chalk board paper and cork that was adhesive of course Elizabeth Kowal was quick to tell me where I could find some, Bless that lady!
I used the one my friend gave me but if I were to do a lot of them I would go get it from Michael's as Elizabeth suggested. As for the white pen my old standby the uni-ball white gel pen worked just fine.
I made the invite and then the little picnic  basket and shrunk it way down. The flower on the invite is from Picnic in the Park and if you have more time or the inclination to do so you could use the ants from Pandas Picnic Party. It would look pretty cute to have the ants dancing around, maybe wearing tiny crowns if it were for a kids party or party hats you could really have a ton of fun making them.
I added some buttons from Buttons Galore and a tiny clothes pin with some twine tied around the top like a they do with fingers for don't forget. The paper is from a new stack I got from Allscrapbooksteals.com  and is made by American Craft the paper stack is called Mayberry.. Mayberry don't you just love the name they have a couple others I love but I can't get those paper packs yet.. One is called Walnut Grove there are more you really need to check out their blog.. super cute papers for sure!!!
I added the chalk board label to the top of the basket with the menu on it and you could certainly do that to match your party menu. I added some red gingham ribbon because I love that stuff and then used some brads from my stash to match the paper colors. Volia!!! a cute party favor and invitation!   Why not make your own, it is a personal touch that will really impress!  Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Craftin' Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn
SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Picnic In the Park SVG Kit
Simple Simon Squares Cuts

Possible SVG Kits and Collections to use:
Pandas Picnic Party SVG Collection
Cheryl's Cute Bugs SVG Kit

Opps forgot to say how I did the cork shape. Sorry. I used Simon Simple Square Cuts and cut a pattern then drew the shape onto the cork and cut it with scissors. I tired to see if it would cut on my machine and it was a bit to thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment