svg cuts banner

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Think Outside the Bag!

Hi everyone!


I hope your having a wonderful day and that your busy craftin'. I have been working on a couple of projects but one is not finished yet. It is taking some thinking for sure as I want it to look great and not have any of it looking like I could have done that better. That is my upbringing, thanks mom! She has always said if your going to do something do it right. So  on the the Christmas light bag!

I started with the Witch Bag from Fright Night SVG Kit from SVG Cuts. I un grouped and released compound path to move the holes around that Mary had made resizing some along the way to look a bit like stars. I Knew I wanted to use Winter Bliss SVG Collection to  make the bag as it is the perfect holiday scene. I used the reverse trees in the 12x12 folders and sized it down to W 6.046 x H 5.867. Place it between the cut lines and the score lines and holding down the shift key click on the bag. This should choose the bag and the tree only then go to modify and subtract. This will remove that portion of the bag for your background. I grouped the holes after I resized them and drew a square around the whole thing.The size I made was W 6.559 x H 6.001. Make a compound path then, made a couple of duplicates. Move two of the duplicates off to the side so you can use one. Holding down the shift key again and choosing the bag go to modify and subtract. This makes the holes in the top portion of the bag so you can either add the lights Mary used from Amazon or just have the holes like I had and add color changing tea lights into the bottom of the bag. I didn't have the lights yet so I didn't use them. The insert or "sky" was made using Tim Holtz Distress inks and Neenah Solar White paper. I will list the inks colors I used at the bottom of this post. Using the inks blend your sky onto your background paper. I started with the paper at W 6.50 x H 8 1/2. This gave me lots of room to be creative with my sky and then using the cut out of the bag,  I placed it over the paper in different places to decide what part of the sky I wanted to use. After blending the inks with the round ink blending tool I spritz the whole thing with Perfect Pearls and water. Mix a 1/4 of a teaspoon of Perfect Pearls with a 2 oz  bottle of water. I use the Ranger Mister as it works well. Remember to hold it back a way from your project. After it dries place it on your mat and cut out using the sky template you made. (holes and square) The holes in the top of the bag cut out will be matched to the holes in your insert cut out.
Glue the sky to the inside back of your bag front. I used Star Dust stickles to add a little sparkle to the front of the bag on the trees. Now if you have the lights go ahead and tape them to the inside like Mary does on the Witch bag.

Cut the kids at W. 3.743 x H 2.161. I used Star Dust Stickles again to add a little glitter to the kids. Then I cut the Snowflake Kisses saying and the Snowflakes at theses sizes starting with the snowflake kisses Saying:W 3.734 x  H 1.185, Snowflakes: W 1.141 x H 1.309. Set your silhouette speed at 2 and double cut twice. This helps the cut outs to come out without tearing. Go slow and take your time when removing it from the paper and mat. To add the glitter to the paper I used Versa Mark ink and Heat and Stick from Stampin up. Cover the snowflakes or saying with the versa mark ink then add the heat and stick, heat it up just till it is shinny then put it in your glitter. I used Art Glitter Ultra Fine Translucent Crystal Glitter. Heat the Glitter again to set it. Then glue the saying and the snowflakes to the bottom front of the bag. The kids are on with Foam Adhesive Circles. Glue the bag pieces together and add the handle. I had snowflake brads in my stash so not sure where I got them. That is pretty much it. I hope you like it. Thanks so  much for stopping and Happy Craftin' Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn


Svg Kits and Collections Used:
Fright Night SVG Kit
Winter Bliss SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot.
Perfect Pearls
Bazzill Black Card Stock
American Craft Card Stock, Plum
Versa Mark Ink
Stampin up Heat and Stick
Art Glitter, Ultra fine Translucent Crystal Glitter
Foam Adhesives
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment