svg cuts banner

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Card by any other Name

Hey Y'all,
I hope your having a wonderful morning. Today I want to share my card from Dreaming Tree. I saw this collection of cards and just knew I wanted to make one for my bestie for her birthday. While the card I chose is a spring card, it is quite beautiful and I thought would be perfect for her. These cards are so pretty they would be lovely as a wedding card, get well or just thinking of you. So on to the card!

I started with a white base and found a lovely pinkpaislee paper called Oyster Bar from the Nantucket collection. I had been saving it for quite a while.  I cut the base out of white then using Versa Mark ink I stamped a background stamp from Stampin Up called Filigree. I have used it quite a bit and just love that background stamp. I used Hero Arts ultra fine clear emboss powder to emboss the front of the card.
White embossing powder would be a lovely option for a wedding as well.

I wanted to keep the same colors in my card as the pinkpaislee  paper so I chose American Craft butter for the yellow and Raspberry for the peach color. Thinking about the background I knew I wanted it to be a print and stay with the same soft feel so I used Echo Parks Jack and Jill collection. The paper said Chandeliers on the back but I used the paper that looked like wood to me. When I chose papers I lay them beside each other and think about texture and prints. I wanted  that for the inside of the card and the back outside as well. The opposite side of the pinkpaislee was a little loud for my girlfriend and I knew it would bother her. The Echo Park paper I chose would keep the soft feel of the card as well as add texture.

I cut the flower for the outside of the card using the raspberry and decided I liked it better in the middle of the flower for the inside. Using scraps of the pinkpaislee I cut the outside flower. I cut the butter for the center of the flowers and added tiny yellow dots to the stamens. Using my McGill flower shaping tools I shaped the flowers to cup up just a tad. The final touch was to add the large pearl embellishment to the center. I cut the leaves out of the butter as well, turned them over so I could used the non textured side and using that same background stamp I used on the card base I stamped it with Stampin Up Daffodil Delight. This was the same color I used to make the tiny dots on the stamens.

Using a portion of the pinkpaislee paper that had mostly lace I wrote Happy Birthday. I have a couple of good greeting stamps but can never find them when I am looking for them. I really need to get a good greeting stamp set. I will gladly accept advice on that if any would cares to share.

I used a Close to the Heart paper I had in my stash to make the envelope and white cardstock for the insert. This and another dear friend are always telling me no naked envelopes so I will add a stamp to the front of the envelope.

That is the card for my bestie and I do hope she doesn't see it before her birthday but she probably will. I don't usually post before I give the card or gift but I haven't posted in so long I felt I owed it to y'all.

 I have been asked and accepted to Dreaming Tree's Design Team. It is a sweet thing to have your gift recognized in such a way. I thank Leo for asking me and all the wonderful ladies who inspired and taught me though their example. Mary Rudakas, Thienly Azim, Kristina Werner, Tamara Tripodi, Rose Cronin to name a few Thank you, with all my heart thank you. You sharing your wonderful designs and how you made them,  taught me how important it is to return the favor to others.

I will continue making and loving designs from Mary Rudakas of SVG cuts.  Thank you for your patience in my absence. We had quite the year last year.  Have a wonderful Day and Happy Crafting Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

3d Svg Collection used:
Gatefold SVG Cards

Supplies Used:
Bazzill White Card Stock
American Craft Card Stock: Butter, Raspberry
Pinkpaislee Card Stock: Nantucket Collection- OysterBar
Echo Park: Jack and Jill Collection
Close to my Heart: paper form Stash
Stampin Up: Daffodil Delight Ink pad, Marker, Filigree Background Stamp
Hero Arts: Ultra Fine Clear Emboss Powder
Michael's: Recollections adhesive Pearls
McGill Flower Shaping tools/ mat
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Plus: Glue Tape (envelope)
Silhouette Studio Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo



No comments:

Post a Comment