svg cuts banner

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Christmas Fantasy Lantern

Morning all,
The weather is starting to get cool here and the early mornings
are delightful! I wish that September would be cool but that is not the normal for us. On October 31st is when we feel the real change of the season, or that is how it usually is.

I have been thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and I am ready to be a little chilly and ready to decorate my house in fall splendor. I am ready to think about Christmas and glitter and all the wonderful things I can make with the fall decorations. So it is that I share my lantern. This is one that was free last month from Creatieve Papier Uitspattingen. I made it very Christmas looking and I hope that gets you in the crafting mood. Lets get started.

I cut the lantern using Bazzill Bitter Chocolate. I made a hole in the bottom platform to hold a tea light. The vellum and acetate were stamped with versa mark ink then embossed with a glittery clear emboss powder. The windows were not glued in but rather put in with score tape. Then frames for the windows insides cover the vellum and acetate edges. I wanted this lantern to draw you in when you looked at it.

For the Tree inside I used a small paper dowel like you would have found on wire hangers from the cleaners. I drilled holes to allow the light to shine through the tube and branches. The branches are a small sprig die cut from Poppy Stamps. Each branch is glued then I used pearl accents on the tree to create the snow and added ultra fine art glitter while it was still wet to the pearl accents. The bottom of the tea light was covered with Bazzill Bitter Chocolate paper. Then the top of the tree has a "light" like you would find in the Christmas section of a craft store. They are on a sting and would be used to hang on a small table tree. I popped the bottom off of it and glued it to the top of the tree. I liked how the teal light shown through.





I knew I wanted the light to shine down onto the tree so I put holes in the top polygon for the lantern after I covered it with the bitter chocolate paper and weaved the lights in and out of the polygon. I brought the lights through the top of the lantern and wrapped them around the post of the lantern. The tiny power pack with the switch is under the "tree" that leans against the post. I welded small snowflakes to the cut that has the holes for vents in the top of the lantern. That layer is glued under the orginal cut and Deco Art Snow Writer was used to great the dripping snow affect. While it was still wet I applied ultra fine Crystal Art Glitter.

Knowing this extra weight would be hard for the lantern to hold all by itself I added a cardboard tube in the center of the base stand and added chipboard to the top and bottom pieces of the base. I glued small glass stones to the inside as extra weight.

The leaning Tree is also made with the Poppy Stamps Die glued to the pole on the base and then on top of each other to create the leaning tree. Deco Art Snow Writer and Ultra fine Crystal Art Glitter was used again to create the sparkling snow effect.

This Lantern was so much fun to make and to lose myself in the creation of it. I have a couple more that have been requested of me to make and I will lose myself in their creation as well. They are gifts as was this one. To say I enjoyed myself in making it is an understatement. Cornia's Creations really let my creative expressions come out. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Enjoy your day and Happy Crafting Y'all!
Blessings Sharalyn
















































































































































1 comment:

  1. I want to make one of these and another one of their files. Do they come with translations or are they pretty easy to figure out how they go together?

    ReplyDelete