svg cuts banner

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Celebration of Love

I have known for about two months that my friend ( the one that volunteered me) was celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary next month. I tried and tried to get around to making that cake for her from the birthday kit and just couldn't get it to look the way I wanted. Then Mary made this file with the birdcage and I wanted to try it and the idea started to form. I have to say that when I make stuff I always ask my creator to help me. He did such a nice job with the world and all  I figure he wont mind sharing some of his amazing secrets. So He helped me make this, OK yes it is not nice sounding but, beautiful birdcage..I figure I can say that since it was really all his idea and I just did the gluing and cutting. I gave it to them today as I can't trust my little black and white kitty to not get mad at me for something and take it out on my creations..she did it before so I couldn't take that chance with this.She was so happy with it and even said she needed something for the center of the table and this would be just perfect.. I made it with love for this friend of mine to celebrate their Love.
I cut the birdcage using a sizzix blade and cutting mat on my expression. I decided it needed something inside and had to be done before I closed the lid so I used some of the flowers from the simonsaystamp.com card making kit I got last month and used a stamp set from My Minds Eye - Stella and Rose called Gertie"Girly" and stamped the bottom with the doily  in gold. I glued three roses from the card kit to the bottom and punched out lots of butterflies from the Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch. then edged them and even on top with gold ink. I bent up the wings and started putting them where ever I thought looked  good. Oh and I did use the ink pad on the "wire" for the birdcage. I'm not sure if you noticed but the door had a small metallic sticker on it form Hero Arts. Those are pretty cool. So then I found a 1/8 inch wide piece of ribbon and wove it in and out of the cage and tied a bow and knots at the end.Oh and one more thing I used the Martha Stewart Eyelet lace edger for the scraps from the cut out of the cage and made lace around the bottom. The birdcage is only one element in this new set and it is free with a purchase of 9.98 just make sure you use the code freegift in the discount box. This link will take you to their kits and setshttp://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3561_1.They are great and you'll have so much fun. Happy Crafting everyone and make a gift for someone to give with love..

No comments:

Post a Comment