svg cuts banner

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sharing your gift

Many of my friends at church know I love doing cards and a few know I love making 3d paper crafts. When the gal that handles the decorating for our couples get  together's was chatting with another who helps her decorate they were throwing ideas around and my friend mentioned that the only one she knew who had stuff like that was me.. then she got off the phone and thought oh my what did I do. Well she apologized to me later after the gal had come to me and asked could I make some stuff and I had told my friend, that's OK I volunteered you to help glue to which we both got a good laugh. Good friends sharpen each other and having patients with someone who didn't  mean to cause you more "work" just means you love them that much more. So here are the first of my efforts to that end to help with the decorations. I have much more planned but I am not sure it is God's plan. Whatever we get done for it is what we get done.
I made the record boxes much as Mary of SVG Cuts suggests except I used my scoreboard to make lines in the sides of the boxes to "look" like stacks of records. Then I decided the dice needed inserts so I took the dice cut out and "broke it apart and then clicked on each hole she had made and deleted them. I made them one size smaller.. one click and cut them out. they fit perfectly. I gotta say that never happens the first time. anyway enjoy the first of my efforts and this is the Rockin and Rolling Kit from SVG Cuts. I will attach a link you can click on to go right to it.. Oh and warning this stuff is really fun to make. Happy crafting everyone and have a really great weekend. I am currently working on some 3d Juke Boxes from the set too.

Kits Used:
Rocking and Rolling Kit:http://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3561_1http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53&products_id=294

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: White,  Black, Lipstick,Crimson
Echo Park Happy Days Paper Pack
Small Pearls
Polka Dot Ribbon from Michaels
Gems
Transparency Sheets

2 comments:

  1. Great boxes! Very retro super cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sharalyn. Iam sure everyone will love them. But watch out you will be getting more requests.

    ReplyDelete